TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN SOUTHERN UTAH
- BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK
- ZION NATIONAL PARK
- CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK
- ALL AMERICAN HIGHWAY 12
- GRAND STAIRCASE ESCALANTE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CEDAR BREAKS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- ARCHES NATIONAL PARK
- MONUMENT VALLEY NATIONAL PARK
- CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
- GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
.....and here are 10 more in Panguitch and within 10 miles
- RED CANYON, DIXIE NATIONAL FOREST
- QUILT WALK FESTIVAL, June 11 - 14
- PANGUITCH VALLEY BALLOON RALLY, June 26 - 28
- TOUR OF UTAH, August 5 - 10
- QUILT WALK PARK
- HISTORIC GEM THEATER & SCOOPS OF THE PAST ICE CREAM PARLOR
- COWBOY COLLECTIBLES (like a western museum where everything is for sale)
- PAUNSAGAUNT WILDLIFE MUSEUM
- ENDS OF THE EARTH GALLERY
- WALKING TOUR OF HISTORIC BRICK HOMES
The Quilt Walk Festival commemorates the trek of seven brave men to save the new settlement of Panguitch from starving in the winter of 1864-65.
See the story on YouTube or visit www.quiltwalk.org
JUNE 11, 12, 13 & 14, 2014
Classes, trunk shows, quilt races, classic cars, heritage fair, tractor parade, chocolate festival, pioneer home tours, and more.
Be sure to see the play and enjoy a dutch oven dinner, only $15.
Quilters come from all over the west to take classes in all types of quilting.
The gym at PHS is hung with quilts by locals and include many vintage and historic quilts...free admission.
PANGUITCH VALLEY BALLOON RALLY
JUNE 26 - 28, 2014
See 35 colorful hot air balloons launch into the clear, cool skies over Panguitch Valley early every morning. Go out to the fields in time to help launch the balloons and you might just earn yourself a ride.
Later in the day there are vendors, bands, food trucks and a variety of activities. On Saturday evening the balloons are tethered along Main & Center streets and lit up while around them swirls a big street party with live music.
BRYCE CANYON ASTRONOMY FESTIVAL
JUNE 25 - 28, 2014
Every Summer Bryce Canyon offers a 4-day astronomy festival where amateur astronomers from the Salt Lake Astronomical Society assist Bryce Canyon's Dark Rangers in hosting a world-class public stargazing event. This annual extravaganza offers more than just the opportunity to look through huge telescopes, also featured at each festival are:
- Famous astronomy/night sky guest speakers
- Planet Walks (1/10 billion scale solar system)
- Model rocket building & launching
- Learn the sky with a planisphere workshops
- Green laser constellation tours
The Canyon Country Complex, or the Triple C as it is known locally, is host to a myriad of activities and events. Rodeos, concerts, horse racing, equestrian competitions, sports tournaments, conventions and more are all hosted at the arena.
For a schedule of events - www.triplecarena.com
TOUR OF UTAH
AUGUST 4 - 10, 2014
In 2013 the Tour of Utah expanded its route to include Southern Utah and Panguitch was proud to host the start of Stage 2. In 2014 the tour has again chosen Panguitch to host Stage 2 and we couldn't be more delighted.
In addition, the Stage 1 portion of the race will pass through Panguitch so you have two days of racing excitement in one town.
Join us August 4th to see them fly through town and on the morning of August 5th be there for the start of Stage 2 with all the pre-race festivities.